Wednesday, October 18, 2006

らいげつ ホンコンに かえります。


Some of you in Hong Kong better work out what that means pretty soon (Nick, Ali!).

For those of you who haven't learned Japanese, I am going back to Hong Kong for a weekend next month and I'm really looking forward to it ... cheap (and tasty) dim sum for breakfast, shopping for clothes that fit, going out for coffee other than starbucks (hope that place next to the escalator is still open, Ali), having bagels (nice ones), eating barbeque pork (and barbeque pork buns) and of course, catching up with friends while I'm doing all this.

As much as I am loving Tokyo, there are plenty of things I miss about Hong Kong! I will definitely be taking an empty bag or two! I'm looking forward to finding a cheap handbag in Mongers, buying new socks and T-shirts, buying some new shoes (!) and maybe a winter coat if their winter stuff is out yet. Plus, there are the things that Mike and I have realised we should have brought with us .. a sharp knife, tennis racquets, Mike's running shoes (! dunno why he "forgot" those), and all my music CDs ... that was my own fault, I didn't put them on the computer before I went to NZ and I didn't put them in the "take to Tokyo" pile for Mike either .. oops.

Anyways, before then I have plenty going on here too. Next week is the Halloween Party at school, followed by lunch for the staff and then karaoke (!). Friday is a "Child Development Conference" aka a Day Off for all the teachers. I hope none of the parents google me and find this blog.......

There's also a long weekend at the beginning of November so we're hoping to get away somewhere for a night with J and A, perhaps the Izu Peninsula or Nikko.

So Ali, Kiki, Nomes, Nick, Tez and anyone else reading from Honkers: see you very soon! Where shall we go for dinner?!

xo

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah and Mike said...

Yoshinoya, Connaught Rd?

5:52 pm  
Blogger Naomi said...

Habbibi?? I do love that place. Or how about dim sum on sat or sun for lunch. That one in TST is good. I will eat anywhere though, I will never turn away food. Why do I have to 'verify' a word in order to leave a comment. Does anyone know what the verifying a word is all about anyway??

4:18 pm  
Blogger Sarah and Mike said...

so crazy ppl dont leave me rude messages! ;)

habibi sounds good! i forgot about that place! dim sum for sure, prolly sat. morning, kiki is going to help us out with that one! i like the one in TST too tho

4:20 pm  
Blogger Naomi said...

Yeah the one in TST is good, I just went there yesterday - yum!

10:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sarah Munday http://sarahjanem.bebo.com/
Technorati Profile