Monday, February 12, 2007

Bye Kids!

So as you know, last Friday was my final day at Hiroo International Kindergarten. It really didn't feel like it though! I had been preparing the kids for me not coming back for the past 2 weeks, telling them I was going to Singapore on an aeroplane, showing them Singapore on a map .. we even made "postcards" to give to our friends far away (they all chose their mums or dads to give them to LOL). And now I'm moving to Hong Kong.

Well, I didn't bother trying to explain that to my darling 3 year olds but the point is they were all pretty aware of the fact that tomorrow I won't be there. Except perhaps Sho who will probably be running round for weeks looking for "Wee-wa"!

All of the kids were really sweet and gave me big hugs, cute drawings and even a pack of mint slices from Mum and Dad! (a few of our kids' parents work at embassies and they get food from 'home' .. great for pressies for the teachers!) The staff gave me a beautiful bunch of flowers at the end of the day and played a Wiggles song just for me! I think Keith is relieved he won't have to listen to "Stop at the Lights" every morning from now on ... although the kids are pretty into it, I'm sure they will continue to request anything by the Wiggles. Excellent ....

And here is the project my kids were working on this week - a great big Elmer the Patchwork Elephant! Aren't they great?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Sarah Munday http://sarahjanem.bebo.com/
Technorati Profile